Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sneak Peak at the Table Progress

I'd be lying if I told you this table wasn't kicking me in the rear.  As usual, it's a little bit bigger of a job than I thought it would be, but it will be worth it. 

     I rocked the power tools today.  First I started sanding the top yucky finish off the table top.  I burned through about seven hundred thousand sanding pads. 

     Note layers of dust on the piano bench in the background.  Also note that one of my short people ran an appendage through it so as to kindly spread dust even further throughout the house help me clean up.
     
      I finally got to use one of my Christmas presents for the first time, too!  love...
 So I'm in the process of attacking the rounded edges of the table, and tomorrow the stain goes on.  Although I have to say I'm liking the bare wood.  It's very Restoration Hardware chic, but not my style...

      Here's a little peek at one knee...
     We're getting there!  I'm hoping for a final product tomorrow, fingers crossed...






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...